Winter Mentor Text for the Reading Skill Problem & SolutionWinter is in FULL EFFECT here in Ann Arbor, Michigan! I have survived my first "Polar Vortex" and had a beautiful white Christmas. I hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday and you have had a chance to relax & recharge for the New Year🎉
I am teaming up with The Reading Crew to bring you our winter mentor text linky. Each blogger has picked a winter book to giveaway to ONE lucky winner. To win these fabulous books enter the Rafflecopter that appears at the end of this post. Be sure to read everyone's posts to grab some lesson ideas for these books!
The book I am featuring is one written by the famous Olympian ice skater, Kristy Yamaguchi. Her book is called Cara's Kindness:
Cara's Kindness is about a cat named Cara who is having a hard time picking out the perfect song for her new ice-skating routine. One day while she is practicing, a friend shows up to the rink but is struggling. Cara drops everything to help her friend and then asks that he pay it forward. The story is about all of the different characters lending a helping hand and paying it forward. Soon Cara's kindness is passed all around and even makes its way back to her!
- Multiple Choice
- True or False
The tool does not save and archive the responses. It is intended for a quick check.
- True/False: A problem is a challenge that someone or something faces.
- Multiple Choice: ____(your name)____ forgot his/her lunch at home today. What can he/she do to fix this situation (solution)?
- A) Cry
- B) Drink water
- C) Buy lunch in the cafeteria
- D) Run up and down the hallway
- Drawing: Sketch a picture about a time you faced a problem (have a few students share out when you project their drawing)
- Drawing: Sketch a picture about how that problem was solved
- Ask any other questions you feel would fit!
|Click the image above and you will be prompted to Make a Copy|